View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 12:44 AM   #29
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I thought the h's had something to do with the differences in nationality, and thus some language variations. Although now I don't think so. All I can say is that I notice only two people (so far) who use the spelling Fordhim: Formendacil (Form? Formy? Formen? ) and Boromir88 (B88).

As for the use of nicknames, doesn't that make us feel like we're really a community? Besides, just think - what if you have to spell Marileangorifurnimaluim every time when you can use Maril instead?

But at first I never really liked people calling me Lhuna because it reminds me of a certain absurdity that some Filipinos do to their nicknames. I'm not exactly a fan of names like Jhon when it should be Jon or something like that. I find it annoying when I see names spelled that way. But when the use of Lhuna started picking up, I had no choice. Now, though, use it in good health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm *wink*
When I was a wolf with Oromin....I had a hard time spelling her name and needed help on every PM.
Orominuialwen I understand...but Lhun-arda-wen? What's so difficult about that? (I was supposed to be a werewolf in MM, and in his first werewolf PM morm here commented on his difficulty with spelling our names.)

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-21-2005 at 02:03 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote