View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 12:52 PM   #46
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrahobbit
I'm pretty sure he didn't actually ever do that.

Because they don't have anything to do with that? There is some amount of difference between living beyond somthing and changing it to suit your needs. How exactly does a person go about changing a performance that he wasn't at? Even if he was at it, how exactly would he change the performances of all of the other people playing for themselves? The first question is more important, think about it more.
They don't change it 'to suit their needs' in the sense you imply - they just do what they do & because they aren't bound by it they change it. The performances of all the others are affected because of the unexpected changes introduced by Men.

You seem to be implying that Arda is 'nothing but' the Music made manifest - I don't read it that way. Again I ask, why bother creating the world at all if its to be nothing but a literal manifestation of what was already set out?
davem is offline   Reply With Quote