View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Are there a lot of cliques traveling around on the board? Because I remember on the old board, when we had those ancient User Ratings, there was a lot of strife regarding that - people unfairly rating other users not based on the content of their statements or the validity of their arguments, but rather because the specific poster was their friend or had, at some time, offended them.

I haven't been here in a very, very long time, so I don't know how the dynamic of the board has been lately - whether the "Stuffy Oldies" and the "Fractious Newbies" are still waging a silent war or what, but simply the creator of a thread might spark unfair ratings, if they are based on arbitrary ratings.

Granted, I'm for having ratings - both user and thread - but people still have to allow a margin for the voters' personal feelings regarding the poster. Often, if the creator of the thread is a bit of the pariah on the board, they won't get a high user rating no matter what they do. It may follow suit for their threads. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.