Thread: The Eagles
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #13
Eledhewin Ilanora
Pile O'Bones

Eledhewin Ilanora has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I think Tolkein had balanced everything in his books. When there is eagles it was balanced with the nazguls. Without the nazguls the whole story about the eagles appearing here and there would look silly, and the whole epic will be ridiculous since the eagles could be used to a great extend.

When the eagle saved Gandalf from Isengard, could it be that Saruman had tipped off Sauron about the Eagles involvements? And Sauron do have a counter plans to bring down the eagles should they carry the ring or the ringbearer at any range?

Though, Sauron was to stupid to know that his beloved ring was actually heading towards his own fords, he left the Mount Doom unguarded all the while. Or he is too confident that none can actually make it into his teritory.

But, seeing eagles flying into Mt.Doom would trigger him to excute his counter plan against the eagles. Gandalf and eagles could have know this. It makes sense.

If so..could it be that Sauron is allready eyeing the eagles..thus making any attempts by the eagle to destroy his plans would be useless??