View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #1708
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Primrose Bolger has just left Hobbiton.
Hearpwine is given directions

‘Good morning,’ the very tall man said in a pleasant tone. ‘Do any of you know where your teacher is?’

Ginger looked up to see Hearpwine towering over them like some straw-headed giant. She took a step back so that she would not have a view up the fellow’s nose and gave him a smile back. The other girls had moved back in chorus with her and stood close behind her.

‘Well, sir,’ Ginger began, handing off the tall, thin, green book to Daisy. ‘Miz Bella is right through there, in her office.’ She pointed toward the door into the side room. ‘She’s seeing to the parents who want their children at her school. Going over the schedule and such with them.’ She glanced about the schoolroom, not seeing a chair she thought would accommodate the man. ‘You’re more than welcome to stand here and wait for her to get done. Shouldn’t take long.’

From outside the door, Ginger heard Buttercup calling her. She turned round to say good-bye to Daisy and Camille. ‘Got to run and get those dishes done up now that breakfast is done.’ She gave them each a hug. ‘I’ll come back a little later and try to get in on the lesson going on. You two pay close attention and let me know what Miz Bella is teaching first. Catch me up, alright?’

She ran quickly out the door toward the kitchen.
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue