View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #23
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
A dark line of horsemen wound through the green-brown fields of the Andustar. The Kariborim, only half rested and lightly laden, moved at a moderate pace through the fields, far from the sight of any curious eyes. Their riders seemed unnaturally sober, barely speaking to one another as they rode.

As she left her home further behind, Kâthaanî's head spun. It seemed she had made this identical journey only minutes ago, although it had been more than a week. Her mother's sudden acceptance of her intent to ride with the men shamed her. She had expected to be elated, had imagined herself as a bold leader in the journey. Now, with Azarmanô's unanswered challenge repeating itself in her mind, she didn't know what she could bring to such a quest.

She had imagined herself as the expert on the care of the Kariborim; but she was not needed for that, either Tiru or Nimilroth could easily handle any emergencies on that front. She had imagined herself as the leader who alone knew the site and manner of her father's capture; but there was no need for a leader in this group either. Nimilroth, stone faced, rode near the front with only Thoronmir ahead of him. There was no need for the leadership of a young girl here.

What was her purpose on this journey?

I challenge not your resolve, for I know it is tenacious, nor your constitution, for I know it is strong, but only your judgment. You are not knowledgeable in the art of wielding the sword and know not the horrors of warfare. On this rescue, we will most certainly encounter the king’s men in combat. Are you certain that you wish to oppose them?

Kâthaanî rode silently at the end of the line, twisting her fingers in Ruki's mane, knowing she wished to oppose the King's men, but wondering how she could do so and why she'd come.

Last edited by Sophia the Thunder Mistress; 04-04-2005 at 11:07 PM.