View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #20
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
My favorite non-LOTR fantasy movie is Princess Bride, but since most of you seem to agree with me there I will only add the point that if you have not read the book you really ought to.

Elsewise I enjoy Star Trek (and Encaitare it's really funny you should say you got the movies at the final sale of a video store--that's where we originally got ours, though we've since bought DVD coppies of them all), most anything that could be classified as action (so Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carribean, and similar) as well as anything bassed off of a book ( but that's more because I like comparing texts to their movie interpretations).

And, while it might fit in this category only marginally, I would add to the general mix Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

For those of you who have suggested Gormenghast, is that worth reading/watching? I've heared about it piecemeal but never enough to determine what it's about or if it would be an interesting read. Thanks.