View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 06:17 PM   #1364
peral
Animated Skeleton

peral has just left Hobbiton.
Sharya had only just finished her breakfast when she saw the young girl enter the common room and walk up to the bar. Definitely from Rohan she decided. No where else did they have lovely flaxen hair like that. She got up and tentatively made her way up to the girl, who was by now, looking curiously around the room at all of the patrons who were gathering. Sharya wanted so much to know what another human girl was doing here in the land of halflings. What had brought her here? What strange mission was she out to accomplish? Her nervousness was quite unfounded for as she approached, the girl immediately smiled at her.

"Hello."

"Hi," began Sharya, "I saw that you had just arrived and thought I'd come over and say hello."

The girl laughed. "Yes, indeed, I'm just waiting for my breakfast."

"Then, pray, come sit with me and we can talk, for I'm curious to know what another mortal girl is doing here in a village of halflings."

The girl laughed again, "Of course." As they took a seat, "By the way, I'm Tulip."

"I'm Sharya. To be quite honest with you, it's quite a relief to see someone who is my height." Then she looked curiously at Tulip, "What brings you here? So far away from your home country, Rohan?"

The girl looked surprised, "How did you know I was from Rohan?"

"Your hair. No where else in Middle-Earth does there exist such beautiful golden hair except in the land of the Riddermark."

"I suppose so, my hair has always been my pride and joy." She paused for a moment, as if to contemplate her hair. "Anyway, I'm here looking for a woman by the name of Aman. I have just heard that she is the innkeep here."

"Yes, she is indeed. And look, here comes your breakfast now."

Ruby brought over the tea and with a slight bob asked, "Would you be wanting anything else, miss."

"No thank you, I'm-" here she looked at Sharya, "Don't you want something to eat as well?"

Sharya shook her head. "No thank you, I've already eaten my breakfast."

Tulip nodded to her and shook her head at Ruby, "Well, do you have any scones?"

"Yes, miss, honey covered ones. I shall bring some out for you."

"Thank you."

Sharya smiled as she watched Tulip tentatively sampling her tea.

"Ooh! It's sweet!" she exclaimed.

Sharya grinned amiably at her. Perhaps this week wouldn't be so bad after all, she mused.