View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #26
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finwe-89
I think that the Valar thought Gandalf couldn't die cause of his power, but when he did, they made him immortal. And if he get's a arrow orsomething in his body, I think he can regerate him self
As far as an arrow goes, it would have to hit him with the right force in the right place if it was to kill him anyway. Otherwise, he'd just be wounded.

Remember too, that Gandalf's power is still cloaked most of the time. He only unveils his power at truly desperate moments, like when the Nazgul are bearing down on Faramir. And even then, he does no more than drive them off.

Gandalf, were he to completely unveil his power, would have no need of diversions to get Frodo to Mount Doom. The invasion of Mordor would be deadly serious, it would be like the War of Wrath in miniature. Because Gandalf would no longer have any reason to hold back, to only encourage and not command, the War of the Ring would have gone VERY differently.

For these reasons (and those previously mentioned), I am of the solidified opinion that Gandalf was still very "killable" after his return from death. He was just more unlikely to be killed. He had, after all, been enhanced, given more allowance to use his power, and it had taken a Balrog his life to get rid of him the first time. Gandalf would have been beyond the skill of pretty much anyone to kill, but that doesn't mean that he was impossible to kill. He was, after all, still a Maia incarnate.