View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 08:10 PM   #1358
Telephilien

Shield Post for Telephilien

Shaeowyn awoke to the unhappy snorting of her black mare. "Oh, Windungen," the woman sputtered as she bolted from the hay where she had spent the night. Rubbing her aching limbs and eyes ruefully, she muttered about indulging too much in the 'women's punch.' "I must get you some grain to eat, and then see about my own breakfast," she said, putting her arms around her favorite companion's neck. Her dark brown hair held streaks of sunlight interspersed with the creeping grey. It curled wildly about her once pretty face; matted as badly as her horse's midnight colored mane.

"I must find the Innkeeper to see about your grain, and fetch more water for you also," she called to her horse as she shut the stall door securely behind her. She could not remember the names and occupations of the people swirling through the party's evening; she felt alone and somewhat afraid. Animals had always been more steadfast and honest friends, and she seemed to have a special gift for gaining their loyalty; sometimes even their protection. But she brushed her discomfort aside and strode purposefully into the Green Dragon's breakfast scene. Looking about with keen green eyes, she caught sight of the kind woman who had come to her aid the evening before. "Ruby, would you be able to spare a moment," Shaeowyn spoke loudly over the happy morning noises.