View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #9
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

If I hadn't changed my signature I think I would be obliged to interrogate in a sceptical manner.

And though I have changed it, I'm going to be sceptical anyway!

How exactly can a non-physical being interact in our physical world. (Is that not a brilliant scenario to use the phrase "interact in our physical world" in?)

Nay, I think that it was not a ghost. You see, the air is different down in Oxford. It possesses subtle and deviant psychological tactics, and it was this malevolent tendency which led you to think that that is what happened. It is the will of the air to convince foreigners never to come back, and it succeeds in devious and wholly unscrupulous manners. I mean, this instantiation was just plain rude, right?This effected Tolkien to write about the Shire, a place where foreigners were not made to feel welcome.

This air is not omnipotent though; the sub-conscious of its breathers shines through in some inexplicable ways. Consider The Hobbit. Was it not Fili the Dwarf who muttered about 'some ghost kicking me in the ankles'?

Thus I present to you a bullet-proof theory.