View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #143
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Another bird appeared in the sky, not as large as the one with the crimson tail which had so intrigued Ćrosylle but still a swift and mighty flyer. He flew unerrantly and directly towards the tavern, his wide wing span marking a rhythmic swoop and lift which brought him closer and closer. Yet there was no glee or joy inspired by his appearance. Rather, an aura of doom.

As the bird--bird of prey it could now be seen, a falcon--come closer there also could be seen in his beak a roll of something. It was not meat or carrion, for the bird held it without biting or chewing. And as the creature came near the Vineyard, it swooped long and low by the stablemaster, surprising him but not upsetting him from the ladder. And then swiftly the bird flew into the Tavern, depositing the scroll at the feet of Andhun. The lad picked it up, read it with dismay and melancoly sorrow and looked around for the Innkeeper. Not seeing Finian, he tacked the scrll to the large door of the Vineyard Tavern and stepped back to reread the sombre words.

Bring our your guests! Bring out your guests! The Vineyard is being sold.

By decree of the Mayor and Treasurer of this fair city, it is herebye decreed that in forfeit of taxes and other debts owing, ownership of the Vineyard Tavern has been assumed by the City, which has auctioned it off to the highest bidder. Patrons are encouraged to complete their business as soon as possible or within the next seven business days, upon which time deed of ownership will be turned over to Master Harsten, who will turn the property into a manufacturing enterprise.

Gasps of outrage and shock marked every reading of the scroll, yet none could deny that poor young master Finian and his sister had fallen indeed upon hard times.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

OOC

Sadly, Imladris has had to withdraw from most gaming enterprises on the BarrowDowns and with her departure the Vineyard Tavern will be closed. It has attracted a splendid crew of gamers with a fascinating mix of characters. Any who wish to provide some closure for their characters can write concluding posts. I will leave the thread up and open for a week to allow for imagination to percolate. And I then invite everyone to join the The White Horse Inn.

Bęthberry
Moderator for Rohan