View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 02:39 PM   #9
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Although I love Christopher Lee, until I watched the EE this morning I thought that he had missed the "seductive" aspect to his voice but he captured it perfectly. I wish they had had more of the "we will have peace scene" - For me the acid test is whether film image has "overwritten" my mental image from the books and radio version. In many cases it has - Boromir, Galadriel, Elrond, , Theoden, Eomer and despite initial misgivingsMerry and Pippin & Aragorn and Eowyn. Gimli, Gandalf are neutrals ..... the cracks of doom scene made me forgive "sam and Frodo" a lot but I reaqlly think they played Frodo to young and Sam too fat... (and for me Ian Holm and Bill Nighy are just perfect in the radio version). However Faramir, Denethor and Arwen ...................... nnnoooooooooooooooooo Faramir - the part was awful rather than the actor and the same with Denethor ... what ever Denethor's mental state I am sure his table manners would not allowed him to slurp his food like that. And Arwen .... too wooden, too trout pouty, too irritating...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote