View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #27
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Well let me see, I got Bored of the Rings, The Sillymarillion, Letters, Author of the Century, and Road to Middle Earth. Right now, in my haze of painkilling drugs after my surgery, I can't comprehend much of it very well, so I'm putting them off for a bit until I can understand the higher-level writing. The parodies, however, are much easier on my woozy brain and have proved that laughter is the best medicine. Most of you all probably know about "Bored" because it's been out since '69 I think, but the Sillymarillion came out this year. So far, it's kept almost exactly with the story, with some really hilarious and clever twists of names. Other than that it's not quite like "Bored" because it doesn't vary from the story at all, and I was slightly disappointed at that, but it still remains a good knee-slapper. Or in my case, cast-slapper.... Hmm, I also got LotR Risk and the movie version of Trivial Pursuit. I actually haven't opened either, so... Anyone else get good stuff?