View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 10:04 AM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420! Paired characters from the movies.

This is off of Fordhim's "Paired Character's in LOTR" in the books forum, but there are a few pairings that I notice when watching the movies. They may or may not be in the books, but there's two pairings that really catch my eye.

Sam and Gollum- This is about the only thing I feel sorry for Frodo, having to put up with these two. It's like have one candy bar, yet you got two kids, and of course the kids want it all to themselves. These two are constantly fighting since the beginning of the movie, and I love when Sam starts beating the daylights out of him (poor gollum though ). I also cringe when I see Sam throw that rock and hit Gollum in the head.

Eowyn and Theoden- I love the scenes between these two, Theoden steps in as that father figure to Eowyn. Of course, Eowyn's father died, and Eowyn had been looking out for her uncle, but I think the scenes between Bernard Hill and Miranda Otto are wonderful.
"You must do this...for me."

And maybe one of the more, heart-touching scenes that I thought in the movies....
Quote:
Eowyn: What other duty would you have me do?
Theoden: Duty? I would have you smile again..."
So, what pairings did you notice in the movie, between two (or more) particular characters, pairings that you may not have liked, pairings that intrigued you, or pairings you truly enjoyed.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote