View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 01:48 AM   #599
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Softspoken, and so polite, and so careful. And so unlike me. Mellonin looked up at the ranger, and was too happy to be worried about much. Perhaps it was the sound, nearly dreamless sleep... or had she dreamed something, something about her parents, asking them something... No matter. Ravion was waiting for his answer; she gave it.

"Good friend, of course I do. And I am so glad you returned. Thank you for finding my Darklove and bringing him back to me-- safe and sound, weary though he be. And for bringing us to this haven. It is lovely here; it feels like home, although it would be harder to imagine two houses more different than Marigold's and my mother's. Is mother Marigold your friend? She is lovely, and she sings just like my mother sometimes, and at other times she sings as sweetly as the queen, wouldn't you say? And the house is tiny, yet we all fit inside, and I'd wager that if we brought an army, there would be room still for one more. Have you ever tasted such bread? Was it the bread that made my sleep so sweet? Did you dream? I hardly dreamt at all."

She caught her breath, noticed Ravion's wide eyes, and a little laugh escaped her. Mellondu looked up at her with one half-opened eye, and murmured, "Hush, little squirrel. Your chattering would frighten an angry crow."

"Hush yourself. You should be sleeping. Must I sing you a lullabye?"

"Please, " murmured Mellondu, settling back again.

"Won't you sit down, " Mellonin said to Ravion.