View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 09:18 PM   #38
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
"It's not your fault that most everyone here is decidedly unpleasant to be converse with." The woman was insulting the elf, and as Arshalous turned her head, Arlomë covered the smile that crept across her face. Of course the comment might have offended many people, and her ease at saying it was probably why the woman was sitting in the corner alone, but the elf was quite comfortable with herself and her conversational ability and, consequently, found the situation amusing.

A short silence fell over the two, and Arlomë looked over the hall once more. Another smile appeared on her delicate elven features when she saw Elrigon near the door and, to her surprise, the Emissary. “I think I shall become acquainted with this mysterious man myself,” the elf spoke suddenly and rose...her abrupt movement causing Arshalous to sit up. “Arshalous, as usual, this has been...interesting. I do hope we can do it again.” The woman did not answer but nodded her head, still scowling.

The Emissary’s back faced Arlomë as she approached. His long hair was not straight like the majority of Pashtian men, rather it fell in dark waves about the shoulders of his black and purple robes. The elf stepped gracefully around the stranger’s body and slipped her arm through her husband’s, smiling up at Elrigon has she stopped. She bowed her head slightly to the priest, and then more deeply to High Priestess, showing her respect to Rhais by doing so. Once the formal greetings were complete, Arlomë turned to the Emissary. She said nothing, but waited for her husband to introduce them, which he did promptly.

“It is a pleasure,” she said as her eyes met his. His gaze was steady as she took her hand in his and bowed to kiss it. “The pleasure is mine, Lady,” his voice was unwavering and confident, and then he placed his lips to her hand. As his lips touched her, a chill ran up her spine and the fine hairs raised on her neck. She pulled her hand away from him and tightened her grip on Elrigon’s arm.

It was this moment a commotion arose from the nearby and the people of Pashtia readied themselved as the Royal family began to enter the great hall. As everyone turned their attention to the King and Queen, Arlomë could not shake the intensely strange feeling that came over her when the Emissary kissed her hand. Glancing from the man to Elrigon, she wondered if she should tell her husband, or if maybe it was all in her head. Whichever, she knew she would keep her eye on this stranger from the West.