View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 02:40 PM   #31
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
The rain was falling and the ground beneath Thranduil's feet had already began to change to mudd. The number of the spiders had increased dramatically, he looked around to see how the others were doing. His nephew was making Thranduil even prouder of him at that moment. He knew when they returned that he would have alot of things to explain to the families of his fallen followers. The sight of the others fighting for their own life made Thranduil think back to his family at home. He was fighting for his son and wife. He was fighting for the people who believed in him.

Without thinking about the current situation, Thranduil was unaware of the large six-legged spider approaching from behind him. "Thranduil look behind you!" At the sound of Nefal calling his name, Thranduil snappped back into reality. He turned in time to see the spider getting ready to wrap him in its soft silk string of unpridactable death. Thranduil pulled his sword out of its holder and swung it towards the oncoming invader. The spider leaned back to avoid the sharp piece of flying metal. With its good leg the spider knocked the sword out of Thranduil's hands and sent the sword flying across the mudd.

Now Thranduil didn't know what to do. Running towards the spider with his small dagger held high, Thranduil slipped on a slick spot in the mudd and went to the ground. His dagger lay beside him as he lay there motionless. He feared for the worse. The spider came closer and closer, doing his best to regain his thoughts Thranduil rolled over on his side to attempt to stand up. Unfortunately before he was able to fully stand on his own legs, Thranduil felt something sharp go across the back of his leg. Now what? He thought to himself.I know I'm as good as dead. The others will have to continue without me.

Looking at his leg, he noticed a cut in his clothes and what seemed like blood trying to escape his body. Thranduil reached for his dagger and turned to get "revenge" only to be pushed down by the spiders over-grown legs. I will not die here. The spider stood over the mudd covered, rain soaked, wounded King. With a thrust of his dagger, Thranduil brought the adult spider down upon himself. Pushing the spider aside, Thranduil stood up all the way. He looked around in the mudd to find his trademark sword. He knew if someone else was to find it that the kingdom will fear that the King met his fate in the dreaded forest surrounding Mirkwood. The cut on his leg seemed to worsen with the fighting going on around him. Thranduil wouldn't let his "flesh" wound drag him down. He needed to be with his men, he needed to fight for his family.

Last edited by Witch_Queen; 11-17-2004 at 02:33 PM.