View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 05:20 AM   #28
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Melen sat silently beside Berkengond, he was nervous his hair falling over his eyes, his hand lay uneasily on the hilt of his sword. "I'm scared Berkengond." He whispered to his best friend. "Fear not my friend you are one of the luckiest people I know and if you don't get through this no one will." Berkengond said back to him. Melen was heartened a bit by this and he sat silently until he heard the shouts and saw the spiders emerging, his heart filled with terror and something else, something he had never felt before. He sprung to his feet drawing his sword and would have rushed forward to his likely demise had Berkengond not restrained him.

"In due time, my friend." He whispered taking out his crossbow. Upon the order of standing back to back, Melen and Berkengond backed up with the others, Melen was very frightened by now but being by the others and the smile on his friends face made the fear vanish and soon he smiled too. "If this be our death we die together, as friends, as brothers." He said raising his sword, intending to say it to only Berkengond but his voice was much louder and seemed to bounce of the trees surrounding them Oh great! Everyone heard me, they must think I'm cracking under fear.