View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #1
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe CBC Posting Techniques.

The title says it all. I just want to hear how others post on the Chaper-by-Chapter Discussion. Maybe I’ll start first.

I grab a pad and a pencil, then I skim the chapter, jotting down anything that comes into mind. After that I check the pad, and check to see which are firm ideas and which are not. I read the chapter again, this time more slowly and with time to pause and ponder. Sustainable ideas are then written out in detail, and the rest are tagged for deletion. Finally, I add some of my comments on the chapter. That’s the preparation phase.

When I’m about to post, I read the thread first, to see if my points were already presented, and to look for supporting thoughts, or statements worth commenting. Then I adjust my prepared post accordingly, and finally I post it.

It works for me sometimes, but there are other chapters where sustainable ideas are hard to come by.

How about the other CBC posters? How do you prepare a CBC post? (Maybe I can borrow some ideas . . . )
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote