View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 01:16 AM   #16
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
I also disagree with your call, Imladris. And this following suggestion seems out of place:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imladris

Critisize Harry Potter all you want -- I don't care (I've critisized it myself). Don't do it on a Tolkien forum.
Where else do you want HP criticized? On a HP forum? Certainly not. Where then? Maybe in relation to something it is similar with. This is not bashing and it's not done only to annoy you or other HP fans (which, I am too, btw). This is simply stating an opinion in order to prove a point, most of the times (as I've seen from the examples you provided). Nobody just starts a topic to say: This is why HP sucks and LOTR is way better!
One thing I do have a problem with is when someone brings religion into the discussion - this is when it all goes to hell, if you'll pardon the pun. LOTR+HP+ Religion = pointless thread.

LOL - how ironic. I followed the link that HP provided and found a post of yours, Imladris, (back then you hadn't read HP yet), but that didn't stop you from criticizing it, and I posted once or twice in defence of it. Haha! Excuse me while I have a good laugh - there's so few things that I can laugh about these days...

Last edited by Evisse the Blue; 11-05-2004 at 01:25 AM.
Evisse the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote