View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #25
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Ercuion and Nefal are running as fast as their legs could carry, trying to draw out the spiders. Nefal stumbles, as his legs give out from under him, and shouts "Ercuion!" Ercuion turns, to quickly pull up Nefal, to his surpise, there was nothing around, nothing could be heard, no sound of spiders screeching, or their vile legs pounding, no more shouts from the rest of the company. Nefal gets up "What is it?" he turns to Ercuion.

"Nothing" he replies, "and that's what scares me." All Ercuion can think of is the spiders have taken the rest of the company, and their mission has ended in vain. And now, him and Nefal are stuck out in their own forest, with no idea where they are. Targon comes limping up through the brush, leaning on his sword. "I thought I heard something, we aren't far from camp, where's everyone else?"

"I don't know." Ercuion says, "The spiders were right behind us, then when Nefal stumbled, they were gone, they must have dispanded. I fear they have taken the rest of the company."

"Well, there's no use in just sitting here doing nothing. Come, lets look ahead, see if we can find any traces of them." Targon says.

The three men wonder about the forest floor, with spider prints scattered all over the ground. "Come here, I think I found something." Nefal shouts from ahead. "Here's a broke stick on the ground, with some blood trickling onward. It's definately not spider blood."

"Good boy," Targon smiles, "This is definately not spider blood, we are on the right trail." It wasn't before long when they heard the sounds of their brethren up ahead. All three come striding into the make-shift camp.

Thranduil seems pleased that they have all made it, he feared that he had to deal with three more deaths. He shouts towards Nefal, "Have you seen my nephew?"

"No" Nefal gritts his teeth, "We ran back towards camp, the number was too strong."

Targon walks up to Thranduil, "That blessed nephew of yours saved my life, but I haven't seen him for over an hour now, my lord."

At that Firith comes striding into camp, with barely a mark on him, striding about with an arrogant air around him. Nefal's face begins to be flooded with red, but he sits and has a seat, waiting to hear what Thranduil wants to do next.

Ercuion whispers his thoughts to Targon and Nefal. Nefal, pokes Ercuion, edging him on, but to no avail, and in a murmur, he says to Ercuion, "Fine, if you won't say it I will."

Nefal quickly, steps into the conversation, "I second Taurthol's plan. It seems as if the spiders have dispanded, and now are on the run, we continue to pursue them, that was a mission was it not?"

"No, no, no" Targon objects frustratingly, "You know not what you speak. It won't be long before they regroup, you saw their numbers, we will be cut down quickly if we pursue them. They want us to follow them, they are leading us towards their ultimate trap. We make our way back to the city, and that way we can send out in a full force in broader numbers, to get rid of them. There's too few of us now."

Thranduil walks up to Targon, puts his arm on his shoulder, "I think we would all want that Targon" Thranduil's voice sinks to a whisper so no one else can hear him, "You are the only other older member of this company, now that Uragonia is gone. So I trust you, we would all like to go home now I deem, but we've just been wondering in circles, nobody knows where we are. We're lost in MY own forest." Thranduil let's out a frustrated sigh, but Targon can tell he's under extreme depression.

Targon has nothing to say in reply, he simply nods and walks back to everyone else. Ercuion says nothing through the whole meeting. He is stuck between pursuing the spiders and have a possibility of being slaughtered, or wondering around in circles, and having a possibility of being slaughtered. When it comes to decisions, Ercuion isn't so good at them, he always feels the negative and can't live up to, what if people he cares for are killed because of the decisions he made. So he sits in total quiet, willing to go along with what the company decides.