View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 02:30 AM   #20
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tolkien

Dashing with all haste towards the sounds of screams, Taurathol could feel his legs almost giving in, but he knew he could not stop. Tâlmor began to lag, but he pushed himself to run on still further.

Taurthol moved quickly and as quietly as possible. They were getting closer; the trail of green slime from fallen spiders was apparent, as well as the blood of elves. Taurthol drew his sword as a huge spider came into vew. it swiftly turned and growled at them. Running under the spider, Taurthol held up his sword and sliced the spider's belly. Falling to the ground with a crash the spider wriggled and slashed around.

Tâlmor came around the corner and saw the foul thing. Taurthol was about to cut its bulk from its head. But before he could do that, it thrashed out a leg and hit Tâlmor. Like a hit from a large spear, Tâlmor was pinned to a tree as the Spider was killed.

Taurthol dashed to his side and pulled the spider's leg out. Tâlmor fell to the ground and breathed heavily. Taurthol looked around helplessly.

"I am sorry, lord." said Tâlmor, "I have failed you."

"Do not say that!" cried Taurthol, "This cannot be your end, you must fight on!"

"I can hardly breath sir," he said with a struggle, "I don’t think I am going to make it."

"This is a terrible fate." said Taurthol gloomily, "All may be lost!"

"You must go to the king!" said Tâlmor grabbing Taurthol's shoulder, "I won't slow you down anymore."

"You never slowed me down." said Taurthol, "You are an excellent companion! You cannot die now!"

"I must," replied Tâlmor, "I can almost see it, Taurthol."

"See what?" he asked with a tear in his eye.

"The wide lands of Aman," answered Tâlmor as his eyes glittered, "Golden Mountains tipped with diamonds. Sapphire skies with silver clouds. Wide grass lads stretching into the distance. The mighty halls. There I shall find my rest. I go to it now, in peace." with that, his spirit departed and Taurthol was alone.

"Fear not, oh Tâlmor" he said shaking his head, "This shall not be in vain." He leaped to his feet and dashed off down towards the shouting and bawling of the spiders.