View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 01:34 PM   #18
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Nefal smiles and is honored that Thranduil chose him to take the first watch. After hearing Nefal will take first watch, Ercuion goes to quickly object, but Targon stops him.

"Let Nefal watch," Targon says, "this will give the boy some experience. You can't be around to watch him all the time." All Ercuion can do is sigh and let it go. Targon jumps up from the ground "I'm going to wonder about. I just need time to think." At that Targon gets up and walks off.

"Now Nefal," Ercuion cuts in, "Thranduil is trusting you to take first watch. If you see anything you will quickly report it, don't go after it, don't go running off, you understand?"

"I know, I know." Nefal says sarcastically.

Ercuion is slightly irritated by Nefal's tone but he continues, "Just don't do anything stupid."

Nefal starts getting annoyed "I know, I know, you don't have to tell me that."

Suddenly the two elves both hear the cries of "SPIDERS! SPIDERS!" Ercuion starts running off, but he realizes Nefal isn't following him. He turns and shouts back "Are you coming, the company will need everyone's help."

At this, Nefal smiles, finally getting a chance to prove himself in battle. It is rare that his brother willingly lets him comes along, so he runs off with a smile upon his face, and a glint in his eyes. They didn't run far before they heard a sound up ahead, in the shrubs. They both took out their bows, but to their shock it was Targon. He was limping, holding the back of his leg.

"Blasted creatures!" Targon screams collapsing to the ground."I had one in my sight, then them wily freaks ambushed me from behind. Before I could turn one of them slashed me in the back of my leg with his putrid fang. COWARDS!" He screams shaking his fist back towards the cries.

Ercuion spots a gaping wound across the back of Targon's leg, "Stay here little brother, watch him, I'm going back to get some cloth to wrap his leg in."

Nefal is astonished, and slightly sickened by the profuse bleeding of the wound. He studders, "How d-d-id you get o-o-ou-t?"

"Bless that boy, Lossenfirithion, came just in time." Targon says as he begins turning pale. "If it wasn't for him, I honestly don't think I would have made it out of there." Nefal grunts at the comment, all his thoughts about Lossenfirithion return.

Ercuion comes running back with some cloth. "Here, wrap this around your leg, this is all I could find, with the short time we have." Screams can still be heard up ahead, "Sorry Targon, the others are in trouble."

"Go," Targon shouts, "don't worry about me, I'll make it back allright. Thranduil and Runia are going back for Uragonia. I saw Taurthol and Talmor heading in their direction. You ought to head back my way, Lossenfirithion could use some assistance I imagine."

A smile appears back on Nefal's face, this could be his chance to prove himself against Lossenfirithion. Ercuion turns toward Nefal "Come Nefal, and stay by me at ALL times." Nefal already sprints off, paying no attention to his brother. "Darn boy" Ercuion says to himself and runs off after his brother.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-18-2004 at 01:43 PM.