View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 11:43 PM   #83
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting Aidwain

Aidwain,Veryadan scanned the place full of bodies of the shepherd and dog ,the bodies seemed to be torn apart by some force which Aidwain thought could only exist in a troll,in the war Aidwain had seen his elven brothers being ripped apart by the same breed within seconds as they tried to kill them .

While Aidwain thought of the war , ‘Interesting, though,’ remarked Veryadan as he held two gnawed pieces of the shepherd’s long thighbone up for inspection to Aidwain who was crouched down near him. ‘I can think of no animal large enough in these parts to have snapped the bone in two like this. Something with tremendous strength did this gruesome work.’

‘It couldn’t be . . .,’ he began. ‘Aidwain, have you ever been around the Troll lairs in the Angle? Seen the bones of big animals they’ve killed, broken neatly in two, the marrow sucked from them?’ He shook his head. ‘But there are no Trolls here, as I recall.’

‘There are those footprints I first found,’ Aidwain offered.

‘Too big even for a giant of a man,’ Veryadan agreed. He shook his head again. ‘Even if it were Trolls, I’ve never met one bright enough to plan and pull off raids as these seem to be doing.’

"The footprints I discovered seemed of orcs to me",replied Aidwain.
"Yes,Indeed ,but What I really would like to know is how big a group we’re dealing with,’ said Veryadan, as they reached the campsite. ‘Did your Elven eyes pick up any hint of this? The prints were too overrun by those of the scavengers for me to make any sense of them.’

The day was growing toward evening. The two companions walked back toward their meager camp. Osric had gone off on his own; they were curious as to what he had found.

"Well I think there must have been trolls as well as orcs in this place,the orc's number I cannot tell but I seem to find that their are four set of prints of trolls.
.I thought your skills as a ranger would be handy in here,but for now we can only say that the orcs and trolls were here and they killed the shepherd and took all his sheep .Let us return to camp for the day wanes and we better not roam alone in this place . Come let us find Osric for I fear for his safety .",replied Aidwain and then leaving the place of murder they returned to camp .....

Last edited by rutslegolas; 10-17-2004 at 11:53 PM.