View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 02:26 AM   #506
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
***OOC: this goes after A&G's rescue and before the discovery that Argeleafa & Bella are taken.**

Erundil had been pursuing them on foot, and was now breathless and exhasperated. As they galloped up to him, Erundil called to Ravion. Ravion swerved, and stopped. "Take this horse! I will ride Gond." He leaped off Argeleafa's horse and handed the reins to Erundil, and swung towards Gond.

"You could have invited me to the party, " Erundil snorted.

"Not enough horses, " grinned Ravion. Erundil tried to cuff him but could not reach. They mounted hastily and galloped to catch the rest.

Nethwador stared at the redhaired man a little, and at the darkhaired man a lot. Despite himself, he resented the order that Bella give up her horse to the redhaired man, who clearly did not know how to ride very well. And he wondered whether the darkhaired man knew Bella. They might be from the same tribe, he thought. Would the darkhaired man capture Bella's attention? Her affection?

Time enough to worry about that when she was found. His heart sank. How often would he have to choose between his loyalty to Amroth, and his love for her?

Teeth set and face clouded, he rode unnoticed behind Amroth, casting glances back towards the darkhaired man. Ravion rode with eyes straight ahead, and did not notice.

Soft words passed between the two elves, heard only by their quick elf-ears.

"The trail holds fewer footprints than it did. We have lost some of them."

"I feared as much. Amroth does not know?"

"His mind is closed; ask him."

Taitheneb slowed, and spoke clearly. "My lord, the footprints are not as many as they were."

Amroth nodded. "Argeleafa is not with them. I have felt this. She is behind us."

"My lord, shall we split up?"

"No! That is his desire. We have split up too much already, and our two ladies are lost. We shall not be divided again. We shall find Bella, and return for Argeleafa. She will not be far from the one who defies me."

Taitheneb and Erebemlin exchanged glances. "Who is it, that defies you, my lord?"

"He mocked me aboard ship-- mocked me and mocked my grief. He tries to hide from me, from us all. But betimes the outreach of his anger gives him away. The darkness of his heart spills beyond his grasp."

Last edited by mark12_30; 10-16-2004 at 05:54 PM.