View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 06:31 AM   #12
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Thranduil heard his name being called. He didn't have a guess of what for, but being the person he was he turned to see what was going on. At the sight of the over sized spider web, Thranduil knew the secret was out. The spider were closer to the city than he had guessed. Remembering that he didn't know where the scout's weapons were found, he began to think. Humming while he thought Thranduil didn't know what to tell the others.

"Ok, everyone I want for you to search around the area. If anyone sees anything let me know. I will alert you if I was to find anything out of the ordinary. Uragonia's voice could be heard. Leaving his spot, Thranduil quickly hurried over to where Uragonia and his son was standing. "What have you found?"

"Its here my lord." Unsheathing his sword Uragonia picked up what looked like an article of clothing. "I wonder how long this has been here. It seems to small for an elf. Perhaps it was something one of the dwarves lost." At the mentioning of the dwarves Thranduil's temper jumped a little.

"Uragonia, its too beautiful to be something a dwarf would wear. Yet all we have seen is the dwarve, nothing or no one else." Thranduil' s mind couldn't seem to contemplate what was occuring at that moment. "Don't worry about it. Put the clothing away and we will look at it when we make camp later." Thranduil returned to his searching. While he was walking he seemed to trip over some sort of metal object. "Over here!," he shouted calling all the others over to him.

"It seems that someone else has been captured and met their end due to the spiders. Except this time I have no idea of who this may belong to." Reaching down Thranduil pulled up an elven sword. Not realizing what was going on Thranduil heard someone else shouting. "My King..... My King....!" Turning the group headed to where Runia was standing.

"It seems that we are not the only ones who have been out here lately. This looks like my cousin's bow and that appears to be his fathers sword. What is going on?" Thranduil figured now would be the best time to tell the others what was going on. He went on to explain how the night before a few spiders were spotted outside the city walls. Thranduil told them that Eruever's wife was missing and new not of her husbands fate. "My companions we are dealing with monsters and there is no way of telling how they may attack us or what means of protection we now have. We are indeed naive to what is going on. Now is a time for strategy. Come now tell me what is on your mind. I don't care who you are, speak up." Thranduil thought he heard some mumbling but paid it now mind.

Now was a time for his men to prove themselves. Would they let him and their fellow elves down or stand up and speak what was in their mind. Thranduil was now begining to worry about his safety and the safety of his men. He didn't want to send them off to what he knew was a certain death. Now was a time for action and planning.

Last edited by Witch_Queen; 10-06-2004 at 01:46 PM.