Thread: Stuck in a boat
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 06:54 PM   #10
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And, however, you can't throw Déagol overboard, because he would undoubtedly sink to the bottom and come up with a ring. It's in his blood. Sméagol would haul him back up, kill him for the ring, and then hide in the hold. Then Bilbo (to escape keelhauling) would "accidentally" find his hiding place, steal this shiny ring, and then would hand it over to Frodo when it got too heavy, and then you'd have to take this long detour on a hopeless quest and totally forget about Aman until you're so weary that you actually need the place.
So...my advice would be to keep Déagol, toss Sméagol.

Of course if you toss Bergil, his distraught father would be so torn between his son and Lord Faramir, that he would throw the both of them into the sea. Be careful there.

Ents, being made of wood, can float, so you can probably float them alongside and use them like makeshift canoes.
But then again, Sméagol would probably hijack one of them and follow his "Precious" in the dark.

Quote:
Plus, Pippin slipped me 12 silver pennies.
Which, no doubt, he aquired through the sale of some several ponies.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote