View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 01:31 PM   #7
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Lossenfirithion vaguely heard Nefal's taunt and anger, but he chose to ignore it for now. He knew that Nefal was young and inconsistent. He would see soon enough why Thranduril favoured Firith over his other nephews. "I'll make a point," Firith muttered under his breath, "Of saving your sorry hide at the last second at least once on our little skirmish, Nefal." Firith fingered the hilt of his sword, as he did habitually, pulling it out slightly to admire the sheen that it produced.

He embraced Thranduril as he came to the gates, and his uncle returned the gesture. "I was beginning to think you weren't coming." Thranduril said jokingly, "Uncle, all the beasts in Mordor could not keep me away from this." Firith replied equally light-heartedly. A hand came to reast of Firith's shoulder and he turned.

"Dol, you can't come on th-", his son cut him off, "Like you said, father, all the beasts in Mordor could not keep me." Firith turned exasperated to Thranduril, but he merely laughed loudly, and after a few seconds Dolendelothion and Firith himself joined in. "Alright, son...but for Eru's sake don't get yourself killed, you know how your mother worries about you." Dolenedelothion smiled, "Yes father, I do...I believe that at this moment she thinks I'm coming to bid you farewell, not to join you." Firith's eyes darkened, "Well in that case when we leave we'll send her a messenger to let her know, I'm not having you just leaving your mother like that with no idea where you are. At least she'll know you're with me, that way." Dolendelothion sighed, "Is that really nec-", "Yes it is, son, and argue it any further and see if I let you come with us." Dolendelothion's smile decreased a little at the edges, while Firith looked over his son to see some more elves arriving...