View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 01:06 PM   #8
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

If you look at one of the lines, I think it's just saying that The three elven-ring bearers thought about claiming the ring for themself and overthrowing Sauron. Here is what I mean.

Quote:
In the 'Mirror of Galadriel', 1381, it appears that Galadriel conceived of herself as capable of wielding the Ring and supplanting the Dark Lord. If so, so also were the other guardians of the Three, especially Elrond. But this is another matter.
Ok after the bit about Galadriel, I take it as the "if so" meaning if she "conceived of herself as capable of wielding the Ring and supplanting the Dark Lord," then the "if so, so also were the other guardians of the Three, especially Elrond." I take it as if she thought of wielding the ring to overthrow Sauron, so did the others, especially Elrond, I don't see how that would say Elrond is more powerful. I think it's just saying Elrond, especially thought about wielding the ring and supplanting Sauron, which makes sense, I mean fighting in the Siege of Barad-dur and having Gil-Galad die and all. But that's just how I interpret it, please tell me where you think it suggests Elrond is more powerful, because I interpret it much differently. I enjoy these debates, nothing like a friendly debate between two Tolkien fans.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote