View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 09:33 AM   #1
rudeboy
Animated Skeleton

rudeboy has just left Hobbiton.
I dont userstand.

When Sauron forged the One ring what was his intentions, as he didn't know about the 3 elven rings, was he hoping the (high elves, Celebrimbor?) elves were wearing one of the 16 rings the elves forged and (Sauron sullied these) so trapping them that way? Or was he trying to do it another way, if so how? His plan failed as he hadn't reckoned the elves forging the 3 rings, and with them (his own one) Celebrimbor perceived Saurons plans, or did all the rings allow them to perceive Sauron's plan?

Also why could Lorien survive Orc attacks etc but Rivendell would'nt. In the back of RotK it says how Lorien survived 3 attacks and would only fall if Sauron came. Regarding Rivendell, Gandalf tells Frodo whilst trying to go over the Misty Mnts, that to go back to Rivendell would be to admit defeat, and suffer worse defeat again, because they wouldn't be able to set off again and Rivendell would be besieged and after and brief and bitter time it would be destroyed. So why could Rivendell be crushed without Sauron and Lorien would survive til Sauron came. Is the ring Galadriel stronger then Elronds?

So if Sauron the Great and Accursed regains the ring, would this happen? Gandalf, Galadriel & Elrond, be slaves, controlled by him? Rivendell and Lorien would Fall easy. The battle for Minas Tirith and Pellenor by about the same, the Nazgul would be far more powerful and fearful, maybe Witch-King wouldn't killed?

Can anyone let me know if all these are correct, I wanna get it straight it my head!

Thanks
rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote