View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #1372
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril I see you...

Quote:
Good going, Alatįriėl! I have now reached a proper 1420 mileage and have no idea where I am, since our BD tracker doesn't go beyond Parth Galen. I'll have to add up the Éowyn site's mileage. At any rate, I'm following Frodo's tracks to Mount Doom - I think I'll detour to Minas Tirith on the way back...

OK, I added up the mileage on the Éowyn Challenge site and found out where I am - the Dead Marshes!

Estelyn, I see you've met up with that nassssty Gollum! You and Sam keep your eyes on that Stinker...he'll betray you if he gets the chance.

If you're at 1420 miles, you have indeed just entered the Marshes. I had to use my M-E atlas and make my own mileage chart once I had passed beyond the bounds of the BD tracker. The Marshes will end at 1435; then you will pass into the Nomans Lands at 1450; and the Black Gate at 1477. As Sam would say 'that's an eye-opener and no mistake'!!