View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 09:10 PM   #29
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sam rode off towards his brother's house. He did not want to show his brother he was sad so he began to hum to himself to cheer up. As he rode he saw a horse galloping in his direction it had a man hanging onto its tale. Sam jumped off his horse and stood and as the horse neared it slowed to a trot. Sam took the reigns and stopped the wild beast. He looked at the man bloody and hurt by the dragging. "You there who are you?"

"Grimbrol, good sir," The man said through short gasps. "I work for Arthur, or I did at any rate. I keep his pond you see and he payed me so little that I stole from him and he felt need to punish me for feeding my family."

"Grimbol?" Sam muttered, "Ah yes! Grimbol your the father of Gorgona and Grinbo?"

"Yes, why you must be Samuel Lightheart, my children are very fond of you!" Grimbol stated smiling for the first time.

"And I of them," Sam stated then he looked Grimbol up and down. Why was Arthur so cruel sometimes? this poor man had a family and he had just wanted to feed then and Arthur had robbed him of dignity pride, and food. "Here," Sam said as he handed Grimbol a small bag of gold. "I am sorry I can not give more, tell your children that I will be gone for a bit and not to come looking for me."

Grimbol nodded and walked off then turned back, "They will ask where have you gone?"

"I do not know,"Sam said sadly with that he mounted and continued to Arthur's house.