View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 03:46 AM   #81
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
1420!

As soon as the door closed Ædhral fled down the stairs, across the common room and into the kitchen, her cheeks still burning and breathing heavily she slumped down on the nearest chair throwing her head into her hands. “Oh! Cook I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life!” cook took her head from the oven were she was checking a batch of biscuits she was baking, to look up at her young assistant.

“Now what is this all about?” she asked closing the oven door and wiping her hands on her apron as she walk over to were Ædhral was sitting, sitting on a chair next to her she took the young woman’s hands, forcing her to look up. Ædhral told cook about the guest and the embarrassing situations she twice found herself in.

“How will I be able to face him again, I do not even know his name!” she sighed disheartedly.

“Oh my dear I am sure everything will be alright,” Cook comforted, “You will probably find that our guest is just as embarrassed as you are!”

“Perhaps your right,” Ædhral smiled weakly.

“Off course I’m right, I’m always right,” cook winked, “Just count yourself lucky that Finnian had not witnessed the whole towel slipping affair, he would be in fits all day!” the older woman laughed,

When Ædhral thought of it that way it did seem rather amusing, she could not help but laugh imagining the roaring laughter and mirthful glint in Finnian’s eyes, so like his father was he at such times that she almost forgot how very young he was and how much responsibility he had taken on rebuilding the inn. Her embarrassment now seemed such a frivolous thing in comparison.

“Now that is the Ædhral we all know and love!” Cook smiled, “Not that sad and unhappy thing who was here just a moment ago, come child there is luncheon to be served and it won‘t serve itself.” she winked jovially.

Nodding Ædhral rose, a broad smile on her lips and her embarrassment for the moment forgotten. She watched cook as they made the final preparations for lunch, for all the woman’s bluster, she was a kind-hearted soul and for that Ædhral was thankful.

Before long Ædhral was again her warm and cheerful self, floating about the inn helping Kannah to serve the soup that was that day’s lunch, the merry elven tune again on her lips as nimbly balanced the soup bowls in her arms.

Last edited by Nerindel; 09-20-2004 at 06:17 PM.