View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 06:47 AM   #416
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Night of Dec 24

Taitheneb was approaching the three-- Nethwador, Erebemlin and the dreaming king-- when Erebemlin withdrew his hand from the king's forehead. Raising a fist to his lips, he hesitated, stood, and turned away. Nethwador looked from the king to the elf, and spoke in his strange tongue; the elf shook his head. Nethwador stood.

Taitheneb slowed. "Is all well? The king smiles; of what does he dream?"

Nethwador spoke urgently again, and Taitheneb opened his mind to the boy. Erebemlin had forgotten him. Nethwador was torn by the king's smile and the elf's withdrawal.

Erebemlin shook his head. "He deems she is found. His joy is very great."

Joy filled Taitheneb's eyes and spread to his smile. "Where is she? Erebemlin, find out where she is! We shall go to her, and all will be well! Erebemlin, go back to the king! Why tarry?"

Erebemlin began to pace. "I do not know. I-- it is -- "

"Silmaethor, we must find where she is. Come, we must not miss this chance, if chance it is. Silmaethor, why do you delay? Will the king not be angry if we fail him thus? His joy will turn to grief should he lose her again!"

Erebemlin spun, and his brow was knit in uncertainty, his eyes gleamed with fear. "I do not-- Taitheneb, this is most strange. I do not trust this dream! And yet his joy is so strong, how shall I diminish his hope? I fear his hope is false. I fear this dream is false!"

Taitheneb studied his commander. "What shall we do?"

"I do not know. I fear to watch over him, now, with his joy so great. Would you not be angry if I watched your dreams?"

"Yes," Taitheneb said, and hesitated. "Yet I know my beloved is safe in Valinor. I have no fears for her safety; I have not asked you for aid in seeking her. Would you thus fail me if I had?"

"Fail...?" Erebemlin echoed, eyes widening. After a moment's hesitation he spun back to his king who now lay very still. Diving into the king's dreams, he cautiously looked around.

"My lord, where is she?"

The king did not answer.

Last edited by mark12_30; 05-29-2008 at 02:28 PM.