View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 02:40 PM   #412
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Erundil

Ravion had departed for Minas Tirith? Erundil placed his hand on Gond's withers. So the man was still a boy after all.

"You were...too annoying?" Erundil echoed. The young lady nodded. "He was, then, your leader."

"So say some," the boy said caustically. Erundil turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"Clearly Ravion was not in your books," Erundil said with a wry smile. The boy snorted in reply.

Erundil turned away and leaned his forehead against Gond's. Why would Ravion have left? It was unlike him, even in his most impassioned moments, to abandon a mission. If nothing else, the boy was stubborn. What had driven him off? It would take a real desperation.

He looked at the company that Ravion had abandoned. "This is odd behavior for Ravion. Are you quite sure that he was all right? It is not like him to have run off. If for nothing but his fool pride, he would have stayed the course. Was he quite well?"

The company looked to each other. "I am concerned for Ravion," said the Ranger. "I am Erundil, a friend of his of old. I helped train him. I cannot help but think that something is not right."