View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 08:08 PM   #9
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Morsul, your 9,9,9 comment was very interesting, I obviously didn't think of that.

The only reason I wouldn't say Elrond or Gandalf is because I would think they wouldn't want anybody, including themselves to handle the ring. I think it had to be someone who visited Frodo, who knew about the ring, and who changed it without Gandalf or Elrond knowing. I wouldn't think Elrond or Gandalf would allow anyone to change it, unless it was under there own supervision, and if this is true then why wasn't it written in the story? I believe it wasn't written because no body witnessed it happen except the person who did it, so therefor it was never known who did it.

I do agree with Morsul's 9,9,9 statement I think the most likely answer would be Sam. Maybe "bearing" the ring is too strong of a term. We can go with "handle."
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote