View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 04:29 PM   #3
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well ruffle my hair and call me Bingo, that just makes my day, Eomer!

Well lots of BDers have had an affect on me, which is only to be expected considering the amount of time I have spent here since September 2002. I often find myself thinking about posts or topics when away from the computer, and there is no doubt the smart, witty, eloquent, thought provoking posts I have encountered here have helped to shape my perceptions of more than just Tolkien and Middle-earth.

To try and come up with some specifics.....

littlemanpoet changed my life exponentially when he invited me to join the FaerieWordweavers writing group (Shameless Plug) and though much of the stuff I have learned and many of the people I have met there are not technically Barrow Downs related, I would never have gone there without first being here. Some crossover members like Nar and Kalessin deserve mention too (though I don't think they have actually posted here in a very long time).

Esty, Squatter and other REBers have done more than just amuse me and laugh at my jokes in turn. There are so many things I encounter in 'real life' that make me think of REB, or certain posters; for instance I will never think of the word 'manly' in the same way again. I seem to compare all comedy to REB, these days.

And to tell the truth, any time someone gives me a Reputation comment, or replies to one of my posts, etc., even in the smallest ways, it lifts my spirits and gives me confidence. And that does affect the way I am in the 'real world'.