View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 06:33 PM   #554
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420! Eodwine and company

"Strong tea will have to do," Falco announced as he came back and sat down at table next to Eodwine.

"Oh, very well," Eodwine moaned.

"Come come, Master Eodwine," said Uien, "the tea here is very good! It will do you well."

"Master Eodwine," Falco said, "if you keep up this caterwauling, I'll make sure King Eomer himself hears of it."

Eodwine grinned sourly, pushing his blonde hair away from his brow. "Right you are, right you are. I am behaving in a very bad manner for a veteran of the Rohirrim. So, then, where are we all off to once we have broken our fast?"

"I'm with you, Eodwine," said Falco. "I want to see the world."

Gorby and Anson were looking forward to getting back to Buckland to be reacquainted with family. Uien and Falowik would be following the East Road toward Rivendell, hoping to catch up with Eswen and Lumiel on the road.

"And what of you, Finėwen?" Eodwine asked. "You have been quiet as usual. Will you join Falco and me on the road to Rohan?"

"I said I would. I keep my word."

"Very well then!" Eodwine smiled. "And once we are back, I am going to buy myself a new lyre! Ah! Here come the vittles!"

Sure enough, Buttercup came carrying a wide platter full of breakfast fare. Rose came right behind with tea and milk and butter and pastries. The breakfast was relaxed and long. At least, so thought the humans and elfwoman. The hobbits felt that it had been cut a bit short by the Big People. So all were satisfied, but none were over filled or under, either.

In a matter of a half hour more, their bags were packed, horses fed and saddled, and the seven made their goodbyes to friends and crew, and to each other. It is not told in any tale whether they met again, but each brought fond memories and tales to be told wherever they went.