View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 09:54 AM   #90
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Pipe

The silence in Herding's tent was suddenly interrupted by the two Haradrims that entered it; Captain Koran and his soldier, Ehan. The look on their faces wasn't exactly what Herding would call pleasant. Sweat was pouring down from their foreheads, but slightly swept away by their hands.

As they spotted Herding, sitting in his chair, with a faint face expression, they stood still for a moment. Herding noticed that and got up. "Sit," he said, pointing at two other chairs as he once again seated in his own. Koran and Ehan looked at each other, seeming a bit surprised, but after a moment they too sat down. "Anything to drink?" Herding said, holding a bottle in front of them. Koran looked at him suspiciously. "It isn't poisonous," Herding said, with lack of interest. Koran looked very much confused as he turned Herding's offer down. Ehan of course, followed his Captain. Herding thought it was reasonable enough and took a sip of his own glass. None of the two Hararims had spoken a single word so far. Herding figured they were both so astonished and confused by his behaviour.

"Now, ” Herding started. ”I hope you have a report for me, Cenbryt,” Herding continued. Koran nodded and folded his arms. “Everything seems to be ready. If I’m right some of the wagons have already started to move actually,” Koran said, sounding a bit pleased about his achievement. Herding figured that this might be true, but maybe he was hiding something as well. However, he decided not to let Koran annoy him, for better or worse. After all, Herding had to gain his trust, hadn’t he? Some way or the other, even though their past had been well known for hash words and nasty arguments, he had to treat Koran carefully. Why? The answer was simple; Herding had to regain his trust, so that Koran wouldn’t betray him with all his anger just focused on him, Herding, alone. Herding knew of course, that it was quite impossible, but at least there was no point in making their hostile behaviour worse towards each other. Even though the outside atmosphere was changing didn't mean that Herding felt the same way on the inside; because Herding still couldn’t look at Koran without feeling angry, annoyed and a great deal of despise.

“The elves made no scene?” Herding then said. “They didn’t fight you at all? None of you?” He continued, trying not to sound too surprised as Koran shook his head. “There is always some…but none of importance. They’re well tied up in the wagons by now I suspect,” Koran stated.

“Very well then,” Herding said, straightening his back in the chair. He frowned, thinking about what he should say next. “I expect the main army to start moving too soon,” Herding then said. “We need to get closer to Lorien as soon as possible,” he continued.

“If all is settled….“ Koran then interrupted. “You’ll have to excuse us. Business to attend that cannot wait, I’m afraid,” he said ever so politely. Herding looked at him, narrowing his eyebrows as he figured that this too was a lie. His eyes darted towards Ehan who was already up from his chair. “Of course, Captain Cenbryt,” Herding said waving them off. “Hope you have a pleasnt evening,” Ehan then muttered, looking at Herding’s bottle of wine. Herding noticed this, and looked at it himself, before placing it on the table in front of him. The two Haradrims bowed and went out from the tent.

Last edited by Orofaniel; 07-18-2004 at 10:42 AM.