View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #192
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
This is a bit random, but does anyone else always get a first impression of other BDers in which they are invariably taller than you?
Everyone is taller than I am anyway. Thinking such is inevitable.

In any case…I never actually think what other Barrow Downers really look like. Being that I primarily post as a RPGer, most of my mental images for other members come from their characters, because that is how I know them best.

Fordim Hedgethistle will always be the dashing, handsome young Hearpwine, capturing everyone’s attention with his charm and talent.

When I think of Aman I think of Fionel…and though I know Aman is female I also think of Kane, especially. I recall Fionel for her bravery and outstanding leadership, and Kane if only for his intelligence and quick thinking. They were both memorable characters.

As for Nuru, I will always think of Liornung as far as personality. I can see Nurumaiel being musical and light-hearted, wise in the ways of the heart, warm, and kindly.

There are so many others…but when I think of them, all I think of their RPG characters for some odd reason.

Quote:
I've also figured out Aylwen: she's short (sorry Aylwen) but scrappy; her hair is brown and inevitably in a pony tail; she's deeply tanned from so much time spent outdoors, and she's lean from all the exercise. Her eyes are brown but always smiling, even when her mouth isn't. She's not conventionally pretty (i.e. Hollywood) but she is very attractive to those with the eyes to see her properly. She always wears jogging shorts and a soccer shirt: not sure of the team, yet, but it's probably an Italian squad -- absolutely not Man United (too predictable).
Very good, Fordim! You got the short part right, and I am not the least bit offended, honest. The only incorrect part, actually, is the eye color. You did a very good job.

Quote:
Aylwen has golden-brown hair (it leans towards being more brown than gold) and dark eyes. About average height; friendly, open and warm; very wise on the subject of history; with a fine singing voice; often found sitting by a fireside telling those who will listen tales of Bonnie Prince Charlie and singing songs to that effect.
Nuru, I smiled the entire time while reading this.

Quote:
Aylwen: lady Bella.
I would say that I put a couple of my own traits into Bella, but inspiration came from a good friend of mine. I am not so pale as Bella, nor to I have her raven curls. I would also say that Bella has some of my personality traits, but we are still very different.

All in all, however, this was most definitely an interesting thread to read through.

-Aylwen