View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 03:32 PM   #101
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
White Tree reaches out for the red pill

I'll go left, into the 'flawed' fantasy world of a human (oh, but a human genius!) And those I take with me will sure enough want to go: my sister, my mom, my dog and my boyfriend (if he does not want to go, well, there are enough hot Elven rangers, like Lush said ). The thing is, it does not matter all that much where you live, life is in the end more or less what you make of it. And this is exactly why I'd choose to leave a few luxuries behind: like hot water, tv, computer, my cd's, my books (including LOTR!), my skating videos, my X Files episodes... (oh, dear, I already have second thoughts about all this). But no - I know that I could never ever resist the temptation of experiencing what that world is like. The curiosity and excitement would kill me if I didn't go, even anticipating the hardships I'd possibly meet!

But - Child, a question: wouldn't it be difficult for us not to 'divulge' our real identities and where we come from? It'd be a right 'culture clash'. Or are we to be brainwashed once we get there?
Gee, I'm actually taking all this seriously. Go figure.