View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #136
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Dark-Eye Grrr....

Quote:
"Mom...I've read the books. They don't go on the ship."
Ugh. No, Merry and Pippin don't get on the ship, BUT NEITHER DOES CELEBORN! Can nobody see this! Gaaaahhhh!!!!

Ahhh, the depth and depravity that fills the minds of the, erm..... Well, there isn't really a word in the world that would let me describe how I feel about these people. Not one that I can use, anyway. When TTT came out (I skipped school the day after to see it, naughty me), one of my friends and I went to see it with someone who had never read the books. I spent the whole movie telling her that "No, Frodo doesn't die. If he did, they wouldn't have another movie, then they wouldn't make anymore money off of people like us, would they?" And half of the other people in the theatre were so busy being dumb that I missed half of it listening to them make out and stuff. Frustration, indeed.

Then, during our long wait for RotK the third day after it came out, my other friend and I (my, but I have a lot of weird friends) spent the whole time running up and down the line asking people if they'd read the books or not. As it was, only about four answered with a positive "yes". The rest were hopeless....