View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 12:40 PM   #11
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
black crow spies and their black glass seeing ball inhabit their black towers and perform black magic. Gosh, I wonder if there's some symbolism there?
Foreboding! The word is 'foreboding'! Besides, what colour would you like your crows, essentially a black bird, to be?! A white crow could look just a wee bit out of place, doncha' think?

Quote:
I guess this movie takes place in a world where rings magically change sizes on their own
Along with the Gandalp one, that just made me laugh. Homer Simpson comes to mind...

Quote:
Liv Tyler's character is seen easily defeating nine strong supernatural beings, even though she is clearly a woman
And the writer was accusing us of racism, then he goes straight forward and insults the French! And comes off as a homophobe! Dear me...*cough*hypocrisy*cough*

Number 20 somewhat reveals it as a spoof though..."Experts on the occult say in order for a wizard to floorspin a fully-grown man like Gandalf, he'd need three magical staffs, not two. " As do 27, 28, 29...oh pretty much everything from there upwards!

Brilliant. Most amusing.