View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #289
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Twylight

"Why, yes!" Bingo responded to Twylight's query, a delighted smile lighting up his entire face. "Do come with me, Miss Twylight, and I will introduce you to Marcho and Posco."

He led her over to a table over by the fireplace where to hobbits were sitting. She realized with a start that one of the hobbits - the one Bingo introduced as Marcho - was the one she had noticed earlier. But his look of evident self-loathing was now replaced with one of great suspicion. She wrote him a note, her smile faltering slightly.

Pleased to meet you, Marcho.

The note had the opposite of the intended effect. His eyes narrowed to slits and his upper lip curled up in a sneer. He was beginning to make Twylight feel very uncomfortable and guilty, even though she had done nothing wrong.

She shook herself mentally, and turned her attention to the second hobbit. He was sitting hunched down in his chair, as if he wanted to avoid everyone's eyes. She had heard Bingo introduce him as Posco.

It is wonderful to meet you, Posco. she wrote, smiling as a faint blush tinged his round cheeks. He looked up through his eyelashes at her, which she noticed were startlingly long.

Taking the chair Bingo pulled out for her, she watched the hobbits drink in silence. Marcho, the surly hobbit, had insisted that Bingo sit next to him as opposed to "the lady of the Big-Folk." Bingo had seemed somewhat taken aback by this, but had agreed with good humor.

An awkward silence followed as Posco gazed into the depths of his mug and Marcho glared at Twylight. She had just realized how warm it was right next to the fire, and was wondering if the other hobbits noticed.

"So," Marcho said gruffly, "what brings you to the Shire?" She jumped, her mind being pulled away her discomfort.

Visiting. I have a very good friend who lives here, in the Shire. We have been friends since our childhood.

She pushed the paper into the middle of the table, and all three hobbits craned their necks to read what she had written. While they read, Twylight pulled her midnight-blue cloak off, revealing a tunic made of what appeared to be the same material underneath and leggings of a silvery material that was akin in looks to mithril, but was soft and supple.

Marcho seemed unsatisfied with her answer, but remained silent for the moment.

Last edited by Sirithheruwen; 06-09-2004 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Spelling