View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 04:22 PM   #22
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420! True fan and other stuff

Marcus, you most likely wont be able to understand Lost Tales until you read the Unfinished Tales, so add that to the list.

Elianna, I agree again, I happen to think Liv Tyler is quite attractive, it's just the one's that constantly go on about how hot someone is. I'm sure you dont want to hear me gush about Liv Tyler so I don't want to hear people gushing over Legolas, or whoever else it may be. Good point you made (if you were intending to make one).

As for the question of a true fan, hmm...depends could go two ways in my mind. A true fan of Tolkien would be one who appreciate's Tolkien and his works, and do not hold the movies above the books. A true fan of LOTR could be a book person, movie person, or both. For me I enjoy the movies, great entertainment but the books are on a much higher platform and I encourage anyone who hasn't read them to do so. I'm still sort of debating with myself right now on how to answer this. So, for now I will say a true fan of LOTR would be one who has read the books and understands the books. I mean the books is what got this all started, no books, no movies. But, I'm still sort of arguing with myself on that. Since I have adored Tolkien long before the movies it may seem kind of biased I guess you can call a "true fan" of the movies, is a true fan to the movies not necessarily LOTR. I would call a "true fan" of LOTR to be the ones who actually knew what LOTR was before the movies. But, as I said earlier that may seem biased and if anyone is offended I apologize.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote