Thread: Fond memories
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 05:44 AM   #19
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
They never did the trilogy thing here which was seriously unfair! My friends and I had to make our own version of it by getting up at 8 am and watching almost non stop (except for meal breaks) until about 6 pm. That was a great experience though as in the privacy of our own homes we could cheer and cry and yell as much as we wanted. In fact one of my friends was crying so much that when her mum came to pick her up she thought something was really wrong with her!
But the best experience has got to be seeing RotK in the cinema for the first time. We'd had a non uniform day at school and I'd gone dressed as a hobbit (complete with hairy feet of course), so I wore my costume to the film assuming I'd be the only one but when I got there there were hordes of hobbits, elves, and even some orcs. And watching the actual film was brilliant because the whole audience got completely into it and were cheering and clapping at every point, and at the end we gave a standing ovation. The thing is that we have such a tiny cinema (only 200 odd seats) that it felt like you were sharing the film as a sort of secret with everyone else and it was great.