View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 11:18 AM   #252
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420! Help for the drunkard and the return of an adventurer...

Bingo glanced towards the door where the seven arrivals stood. There were two, nay, three hobbits. One of them was speaking with one of the Inn patrons, and the other two still stood in the door. He caught their eyes and smiled before returning his gaze to Alwin. "Thank you very much, Mister Alwin, and you, Master Jack," he said. "It is most kind of you to help the poor man." He spread out his free hand in a gesture of despair and sorrow. "Not many of the Inn looked favorably towards him. I pity him and desire to aid him." He bowed. "I am at your service, sir, in return for the debt." And he departed.

In the room the drunk man was singing noisily and Bingo hurried to him, smiling in his face. "Lovely song, sir," he said, "and perhaps later you would teach it to me?" His smile grew wider. "My friend Blanco would love to learn the words. He composes songs himself, you know, and I think he's very good though Marcho doesn't." He stopped speaking and remembered the cup in his hand. "Please, sir, would you drink this tea?"

------------

Anson

"Gorby," said the timid-looking hobbit lad, "you said the Hills of Evendim are beyond the Shire and no one will care. I hope you're right. I don't want anyone paying attention to us tonight. It's the first time I've been here in a long while." He paused, touched the wood of the table, and smiled. "The still remembers my fingers. I had hoped Lira would come here someday."

"She has been here before," the hobbit called Gorby replied. "Falowik and Uien told me so. Come, let's get something to eat. I'm very hungry."

Anson's face brightened and began to shine with happiness. The Green Dragon had ever been renowned in his mind for the excellent cooking. He started for the counter. "So am I," he said.