Thread: Fond memories
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 07:48 PM   #11
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Ah, memories.... how many I have. Unlike most I didn't see FOTR until it had been out for over a year. I finally watched it one Friday night and was on the edge of my seat. When it ended I nearly screamed 'that's it!!!' I was so estatic that the next day I bought it and forced my best friend to watch it. We then went a week later and saw TTT.

My fondest memory, however, is the opening of ROTK. Me and 2 of my friends went with a line party to a nearby theater. We arrived 2 hours before midnight and enjoyed every minute of the waiting. There were games, trivia and even an Middle-Earth - type music playing band! I was dressed as Eowyn and one of my friends was dressed as a random elf (my other friend wasn't dressed up but decided to hold my sword the whole time so she wouldn't feel 'outnumbered'.) Almost everyone else present was dressed up which made the night feel more... authentic (is that the right word?). When the movie came on there were cheers and screams. There's something special about a midnight showing as everyone in the crowd will shout and cheer at intense and good parts of the show. It was so great to be able to shout and cheer outwardly rather than inwardly!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote