View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #62
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
As the battle raged, Arathorn began gaining more confidence as he used his sword. Arathorn began slicing troll after troll, without the slightest concern. “Now I remember why I’m here!” Arathorn said, decapitating a large troll. Although the men were winning, the night was getting darker. The men and elves were all moving around the ring as the trolls began to fall to the ground. The battle was nearing an end.

Suddenly, while Arathorn thrusted his sword through the neck of a troll, there was a sudden crash. Arathorn only had to look to his side to see Owacyn, who lay by a tree. “Owacyn! Owacyn!” Arathorn said, trying to wake him. Owacyn only let out a small groan. “I will look after you!” Arathorn said, as he quickly fired an arrow at a troll in the process of being killed by Elladan. “I’m fine Arathorn. It was just the impact.” Owacyn said, slowly getting to his feet. When Arathorn looked around again, he saw only two trolls left. None of the men or elves attacked. They just circled around the shocked and frozen trolls.

“Well,” Elrohir said. “Well who gets first strike?” the men were silent. Then, Arathorn ripped a bloody arrow out of the head of a troll, and handed it to Owacyn. “Will you do the honors?” Arathorn said, giving a smirk. “With pleasure”

After the trolls died, the men just sat, either retrieving their arrows or cleaning their swords. “Well, I suppose this will be a good place to camp. We’ve got quality padding.” Owacyn said, giving a laugh. “But what if more trolls come?” Paladir said. “Yes, if they see the bodies, we will surely be dead!” Elrohir said. “Well we can’t get back on the road! We’re in too deep to find it.” Arathorn said, trying to remember which way he came, which was hard considering how many times he walked around the circle. “Pardon me, but it’s very easy to find the road!” Elladan said, climbing to the top of a tree. At the top, he could see a small, long brown line. “He’s right!” Elladan shouted. “It’s too far to find!”

As the men slowly began to adjust to their camp, the elves began taking turns keeping watch. As was quite, and the pale moon had just started to descend. Suddenly, Eldín, who was keeping watch, witnessed a line to crashing trees. Something was moving out there. Something large. Eldín climbed down the tree and alerted Elladan, who also took a look. “More trolls!” he shouted, waking up the men. “The trolls will soon be upon us.” Another said. “Everyone, up the trees! I think we’ll have a little surprise for them!